The draw has now taken place for the next round of the cup, and I got one of my wishes. Liverpool will indeed be playing at Anfield. The only problem is that it will be against Man United.
Now whilst it’s always nice to get to beat Man United I would have been quite happy to do so at Wembley having played a number of smaller teams along the way. Still if you have to win the cup you’re going to have to beat everybody on the way, so I suppose playing them now gets them out of the way earlier. Unfortunately, this should also fall within the 8 game ban Suarez faces so he won’t be able to play in it. Still I have faith that the Kop will be able to make up for it.
Full draw below:
- Brighton & Hove Albion or Wrexham v Newcastle United
- Sunderland v Middlesbrough
- Dagenham & Redbridge or Millwall v Southampton
- Hull City v Crawley Town
- Milton Keynes Dons or QPR v Chelsea
- West Bromwich Albion v Norwich City
- Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday
- Arsenal or Leeds United v Aston Villa
- Stevenage v Notts County
- Watford v Tottenham Hotspur
- Liverpool v Manchester United
- Derby County v Stoke City
- Everton v Fulham
- Macclesfield Town or Bolton Wanderers v Swansea City
- Sheffield United v Birmingham City or Wolves
- Nottingham Forest or Leicester City v Swindon Town
So looks like by the 5th round we’ll have around half of the Premier League out of it.